Saturday 19 April 2008

Panda Watch!!!

If last night were to be described in military terms, it would almost certainly be called the Shock and Awe evening.

Shock at the sheer stupidity of 4 travel enthusiasts consuming enough alcohol to strip naked in a hostel kitchen and Awe as in "Awe my God, what a bunch of tools".

Equipped with only a large-brimmed straw sombrero each and enough idiocy to be elected village idiot of the millennium, our evening descended into unadulterated anarchy from the moment drinking rules were added to what had previously been an 'innocent' game of Shithead on a night preassigned as 'quiet'. How many nights can be described as having Mexican stripping, medieval jousting with empty cases of lager, beer pong and more group photos that you could wave a big stick at? For those of you with a graphic imagination, try to picture 5 guys and one girl in the communal lounge/kitchen of a youth hostel at 3am stark naked creatively using a sombrero as a lone item of clothing. Or perhaps do not try to picture it. My conscience often has to slap me around the chops with an imaginary wet haddock, saying "Hold on, me old mucker, you are 33 years of age". Fortunately last night, my conscience was incinerated by an obscene streak of immaturity that retorted "Wot'evaaaahhh".

*** THIS IS A PUBLIC HEALTH WARNING: do not look at the photos if you are a) of a nervous disposition; b) liable to projectile vomiting at a second's notice or c) allergic to the sight of Swiss/British love handles. ***

The sign of a good holiday is when you do not want to share the tales and memories with others because a) they will not understand them and b) they will not appreciate them. This baby is staying 100% in my own little head. It is a cracker and if you see me grinning inanely as I walk down Fulham Palace Road, there is a good chance I will be recreating the Naked Sombrero Soirée in my head...

How now brown cow.

No comments: