Friday 7 March 2008

The Girl from AMT Coffee...

Words cannot do this feeling justice. The sheer lifting of my heart when she smiles her perfect smile is a sensational feeling of elation, a glorious moment of rapture, when the whole world stops and I live only in that moment in time.

Her name is Adriana and on Wednesday she waved at me. She was in the middle of the coffee shop, hidden from view behind a ridiculously oversized coffee roaster, making the beverages (for she does not make common drinks) for her colleagues. I unusually decided to buy a drink even though she was not serving - I like to live on the edge. As she reached over to give her colleague my beverage, she saw me, smiled that perfect smile of hers, raised her sweet hand and waved at me... time stopped...

It has taken me two years to find out that she is Colombian, soon I will risk a cheeky "Hola!" and hope for the best...

Re-reading this 10 minutes after having written it, one has to wonder what Grade A crack pipe I was smoking at the time...

No comments: